Just after the release of iOS 5.1, the chronic dev team released redsn0w to jailbreak iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad [N0n-A4] devices. Although, it is a tethered jailbreak for iOS 5.1 but many users still jailbroke their iPhone. If you are one of those and want to unlock your iPhone 3Gs or iPhone 4 using ultrasn0w, you can follow this tutorial to unlock your iDevice.
An updated version of ultrasn0w is not released yet but zmaster has released Ultrasn0w fixer to sort out this problem. This software is not released publically but you can find it on the developer’s repository. Currently, this only supports for older basebands such as 01.59.00, 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.13.01, 05.12.01, 06.15.00.
- Before you continue, jailbreak your iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4 on iOS 5.1 using Redsn0w or sn0wbreeze 2.9.2
- After jailbreaking, open Cydia on your iPhone
- Click on Manage > Sources
- Now, on the top left corner, tap on Edit and then Click Add button to add the below source then hit the Add button
- After adding the source, search for Ultrasn0w fixer for iOS 5.1 and install it on your iPhone
- After installing Ultrasn0w fixer for iOS 5.1, search for “Ultrasn0w” and install it on your iDevice.
That’s it! After installing ultrasn0w, restart your iPhone and insert your Sim Card, it will work properly. Did this method work for you? Let us know in the comments section below.
You can follow JailbreakHow.net on Twitter, join our Facebook fanpage and add me on Google+ to keep yourself updated on the latest jailbreak and unlock news.