How to sync iPhone with multiple computers. One of the biggest flaws of iTunes is that if you ever want to sync your iDevice with a different computer it will erase all data present on your Device. Now-a-days, most people own more than one Pc such as Laptop for Work use and Desktop Computers. Every time you want to connect your Device with your other system, it will erase all data and it is really annoying. However, we have found a solution to cope with this problem.
You can follow this step by step guide to sync your Device with more than one computer. This will help you in future to sync all your Devices with Different computer.
- iTunes installed on your PC Download Here
- UltraEdit (for windows users) Download here
- HexEdit (For Mac Users) Download Here
sync iPhone with multiple PCs:
1.Go to “iTunes” Folder which is usually present
On PC My Documents > My Music > iTunes
On Mac it is in Music Directory
2. Copy these two files
a. “iTunes Music Library.xml”
b. “iTunes Music Library” (Tunes Music Library.itl on PC)
And save them on another directory, these are the files which are to be modified to do the Sync Process.
3. Download Software (UltraEdit or HexEdit) for perspective OS and install it.
4. This is the step of finding iTunes Library ID against which your iPhone is Sync.
Open the “iTunes Music Library.xml” with the UltraEdit
And go to the entry between the <string></string> tags, after “Library Persistent ID”. Like in the image below:
5. Write down this entry on a piece of Paper or copy it to a Text File, to make Text File Go to Desktop
Right Click > New Text Document > and Paste that Code here
On Secondary Computer:
6. On the Other Computer, Open the Same File (iTunes Music Library.xml) Follow Step 4 to do that
7. Again, find the entry between the <string></string> tags after “Library Persistent ID” and copy this entry exactly as in the Step 5.
8. After copying this Entry Paste the Entry which was copied in Step 5. Make sure you do not change anything else, and the length of the entry is 16 characters/digits. Save this file and close it.
9. Go to the Second File Tunes Music Library.itl.
On PC open it by using UltraEdit and on Mac by Using Hex Edit
In Edit Options Select Find and Replace for Hex Edit and Replace for UltraEdit.
In HexEdit (on Mac) it will look like this
10. Enter the Text saved in the Step 5 and Replace it with the text in Step 7 save the File.
Viola! You have successfully done it. Start iTunes on the machine you wish to sync with and plug in your iPhone. When you select “Manually manage music and videos” you will no longer be prompted to erase your data, nor will the files on your iPhone be grayed out.
You can follow JailbreakHow.net on Twitter, join our Facebook fanpage and add me on Google+ to keep yourself updated on the latest jailbreak and unlock news.